Theft, Accidental Loss or Damage
As part of your lease agreement you’re required to either cover your equipment through standard business insurance or choose one of our Protect* options. Either way you're covered if something goes wrong.
Using Protect or Protect Platinum
Our Protect* and Protect Platinum* options provide cover over the equipment noted in your lease agreement against theft, accidental loss or damage. The cost of this protection is included in your rental payments.
To lodge a claim for stolen, accidentally lost or damaged equipment
- Please contact us on 1800 240 102
Provide as much information as possible to assist in the assessment process. If the equipment is stolen, you must inform the police within 48 hours of the incident and provide us with a copy of the police report and event number.
Note: An administration fee will apply to successful claims.
The claim process
We tend to process a claim within hours of receiving all the required information from you. For successful claims, we may:
- Repair the equipment (if applicable) or
- Replace the equipment with equipment of similar age and specifications (which may include refurbished equipment) or
- Release the equipment from your rental agreement, with no more financial obligations to you for that asset, in some circumstances*.
Using Business Insurance
If you did not select Protect* or Protect Platinum* for your leased equipment, then your own business insurance comes into play.
As part of the lease agreement, you have agreed to:
- Keep the equipment insured against loss and all other normally insured risks for its full replacement value during the agreed term
- Name FlexiCommercial as an additional insured party and loss payee under the policy
- Provide us with a Certificate of Currency of Insurance within 30 days of the lease start date. (If we do not receive proof of insurance within that time, Protect* cover will switch on automatically until you provide us with a Certificate of Currency of Insurance).
- Not do anything which would allow the insurer to refuse or reduce a claim
We’re entitled to receive any amounts paid by an insurer. If you receive them, you hold them on trust for us.
* Subject to Terms and Conditions.